[ODE] Fixed joint no good idea?

David McClurg dmcclurg at pandemicstudios.com.au
Tue Mar 25 16:30:02 2003

It seems like a fixed joint might be useful as a way to temporarily anchor something immovable to the world.

Perhaps it would be better to un-linking the geoms from the body?  But then, what happens to the body?  There doesn't seem to be a way to permanently disable a body.  You can disable it but the next contact enables it.  I'd hate to delete and create the body everytime I want this behavior.

hmmm.