[ODE] dCylinder and sqrtf on Mac OS X

Olivier Michel Olivier.Michel at cyberbotics.com
Fri Mar 21 06:15:02 2003

slipch wrote:

>Hello Olivier,
>
>Friday, March 21, 2003, 1:45:39 PM, you wrote:
>
>OM> Hello,
>
>OM> I had to change all the sqrtf() to sqrt() in dCylinder.cpp to get it
>OM> compile on Mac OS X. Is there a missing include or magic define that
>OM> could fix it ?
>

> sqrtf() declared in <math.h> and it is ANSI compatible.
>
> Still it is no problem to write such define.
>
> dSqrt must be better choice for this case. I'll regard it in newer
> versions.

Yes, simply searching/replacing sqrtf by dSqrt in dCylinder.cpp fixes
nicely the problem. Could anyone commit this change to the CVS ? I may
provide you with the fixed file if necessary.

By the way, the very first multi-platform (Windows, Linux, Mac OS X)
beta version of Webots 4, using ODE, is available for download at
http://cyberboticspc1.epfl.ch/products/webots/webots4_popup.html
It is a mobile robots simulator and it runs an example of robot soccer.

-Olivier