[ODE] Creature Evolution input

Joshua Bongard bongard at ifi.unizh.ch
Fri Mar 14 07:06:02 2003

Hi,
  I've also been doing work on evolving artificial creatures for a few
years now, and have recently switched over to ODE from (groan) MathEngine.
My work uses ANNs as well, but unlike Sims, I use genetic algorithms to
grow both the bodies and brains of my robots. My PhD work is focussed on
how to model these developmental processes so that we can seamlessly build
both the morphology and neural controllers of agents.

I have some new videos and explanatory material at

http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/ailab/people/bongard/DevelPlast/

You can also find some of my research papers at

http://www.ifi.unizh.ch/ailab/people/bongard/, as well as some older
videos, back when I was using MathEngine.

Hope those of you interested in this sub-topic of physical simulation
interesting.

Cheers,
Josh
Josh C. Bongard
Doctoral candidate, Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Department of Information Technology, University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190, CH-8057 Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: +41 01 635 43 47
Fax:   +41 01 635 68 09
www.ifi.unizh.ch/ailab/people/bongard/