[ODE] Python bindings?

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Fri Mar 14 04:15:02 2003

At 21:27 11.03.2003 +1100, Damien Miller wrote:
>This is probably a FAQ, but it isn't answered in the FAQ wiki so I assume
>it is fair game :)
>
>Does OpenDE have Python bindings? I think that the combination of OpenDE
>with Pygame and PyOpenGL would be very cool.

I have written a wrapper module that we use for kind of a VR environment
which is used for robotics simulations. The module doesn't wrap every ODE
class yet, but most of it is there (some utility functions and the fixed
joint and angular motor are still missing).
However, there's one drawback for you at the moment: I haven't made it
publicly available yet.... :o) .... The reasons were 1) it's not finished
2) it still needs some brushing up and still has German comments 3) the ODE
API itself is still evolving (the module is based on the current CVS
version of ODE).
But I was planning on releasing it as Open Source sooner or later anyway,
so I can do that just as well right now..... or rather in a few days, since
I want to do at least some minimal brushing up before making it publicly
available.
On what system are you planning on using it? And what Python version? (you
need at least 2.2)

- Matthias -