[ODE] Creature Evolution input

Nate W coding at natew.com
Wed Mar 12 20:49:02 2003

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003, Henri Hakl wrote:

> I'm doing the ever popular evolving of AI control over an articulated
> model - the question is what are suitable inputs to the Neural
> Network? (For each body-segment input: position, relative position,
> velocity, force, orientation, other stuff...?)

My plan was to feed it primarily joint data rather than body data.  That
is, the angle of each joint, plus pitch and roll rotations for a single
body (representing the head, or perhaps torso).  Also perhaps the distance
that one body has moved from its initial starting point.

But then I got a day job and haven't done much with ODE since. :-/

I'm curious what other people are using, though.  At some point I want to
get back into this stuff.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA