[ODE] CFM and timesteps

gl gl at ntlworld.com
Wed Mar 12 13:16:01 2003

> Yes, but you're not really supposed to do that, are you? And I thought
> ODE finds out where the intersection/collision occurs ahead of time, and
> applies forces accordingly, not waiting until *after* objects have
> intersected, it's not using penalty methods. The way I see it your
> example is an error in the simulation and shouldn't happen.

Can't answer that as I'm not clued up on that side of it yet.  I did some
tests with box stacking early on though, and larger timesteps resulted in
deeper penetration, so again you will get different results - but if you
don't have any of those requirements and it looks fine in your app, then
you're obviously OK : ).
--
gl