[ODE] Making an MSVC project that uses ODE & drawstuff

Pete Graves pete_graves at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 12 11:46:01 2003

I have been playing with ODE for a while now, but I have been replacing the
test_blah.cpp files, and running "make ode-test" to compile an executable.

I have tried creating projects in Visual Studio .NET, and KDevelop without
success. I'm not very experienced with either of these IDEs. I have compiled
ODE okay with GNU make (either in Windows or Linux), and copied the include/
and lib/ directories:

- in Windows: to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\
- in Linux: to /usr/local/

Then, if I make an empty project and try to build:

#include <ode/ode.h>
#include <drawstuff/drawstuff.h>
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
  dWorldID world;
  world = dWorldCreate();
  std::cout << "Hello world!" << endl;
  return 0;
}

I get "error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _dWorldCreate referenced in
function _main"
(This is from MSVC, KDevelop says something similar)

Could someone give me newbie instructions for setting up a project in
VS.NET, KDevelop, or any suitable (free) IDE that I can use to write my own
programs.

What type of project should I create in VS.NET to use drawstuff and ode? Do
I need to set anything else to where I've put the ODE files?

Thanks,

Pete.

Stay in touch with MSN Messenger http://messenger.msn.co.uk