[ODE] Angular Motor, Anchor Axis?

Steffen Wischmann steffen.wischmann at ais.fraunhofer.de
Wed Mar 5 10:20:02 2003

Below is my example Code,

I have a CappedCylinder on the top of a box with a HingeJoint.
I added a Angular Motor, and I want the CappedCylinder to be moved
forward/backward.

void dJointSetAMotorAxis (dJointID, int anum, int rel,
			  dReal x, dReal y, dReal z);

Always the box is rotating around the CappedCylinder (int rel=1 or rel=2
  doesn't change anything)

What do I wrong?

Here is my Code:
     joints.trunk2hip = dJointCreateHinge(*world, 0);
     dJointAttach(joints.trunk2hip, trunk.body, hip.body);
     dJointSetHingeAxis(joints.trunk2hip, 0, 1, 0);
     dJointSetHingeParam(joints.trunk2hip, dParamHiStop, PI/4);
     dJointSetHingeParam(joints.trunk2hip, dParamLoStop, -PI/4);
     dJointSetHingeAnchor(joints.trunk2hip, x, y, z+TRUNK_RADIUS);

     motor = dJointCreateAMotor(*world, 0);
     dJointAttach(motor, hip.body, trunk.body);
     dJointSetAMotorNumAxes(motor, 1);
     dJointSetAMotorAxis (motor, 0, 2,
			 0, 1, 0);
     dJointSetAMotorParam(motor, dParamVel, 0.6);
     dJointSetAMotorParam(motor, dParamFMax, 5);

Thanx for help.