[ODE] Including problems

Thomas M Clarke tmc at liquidfire.org
Sun Mar 2 09:20:02 2003

Hello everyone,

I'm having problems including <ode/ode.h> in my project, I've compiled the
ode dll under windows 2000 and moved everything into the right place. In
using Visual C++ 6, I've included the header <ode/ode.h>, added the .lib to
the link stage and put ode.dll in system32. The following error comes up
when building my project:

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ode\rotation.h(33) :
error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before 'string'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ode\rotation.h(33) :
error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'string'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\ode\rotation.h(33) :
fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found

#ifndef _ODE_ROTATION_H_
#define _ODE_ROTATION_H_

#include <ode/common.h>

#ifdef __cplusplus
extern "C" {
#endif

void dRSetIdentity (dMatrix3 R);   //Line 33

From what I can see dMatrix3 looks like its been defined, this isnt the
first ode header file to encounter the extern ifdef block so it probably
isnt that, syntax looks fine? Any ideas?

Check out www.liquidfire.org for what im using ode for, the title of the
project is something on the lines of "Genetic Programming Inverse Kinematic
Chains". Its for a BEng Computing degree disseration at:
http://www.city.ac.uk/

Thanks

Thomas M Clarke