[ODE] Cylinder class stable?

Olivier Michel Olivier.Michel at cyberbotics.com
Tue Jun 24 23:50:02 2003

Daniel,

I am also using Cylinders in my app and I noticed a couple of problems:

(1) No collision between Cylinders and Caped Cylinder (CCylinder)
(2) Some minor bugs: for example when two cylinders have parallel axis
the collision detection between these two cylinders is not correct (the
error is however small). It seems to me that the CCylinder had the same
problem which has been very recently fixed by Russ. Maybe we could take
inspiration from the new CCylinder collision code to fix the Cylinder code ?

I am also willing to help integrating the Cylinder class into the main
ODE trunk. I guess the two issues mentioned here have to be fixed before...

-Olivier