[ODE] QNAN in Body position! May be LCP problem? Need Help!!!

Joe Ante joeante at liquiddestiny.com
Mon Jun 23 07:42:02 2003

> Guys, what compiler are you using?
>
> I'm working on a car module with hinge-2 (like most people here I guess) for
> some time now. I had some problem at first... (Mainly because our engine is
> left handed because of DirectX, and ODE natively right handed because of the
> OpenGL renderer.) Anyway, with the matrix conversion in place and all, things
> turn allright. That was with Visual Studio 6.0. We recently attempt to migrate
> to Visual 7 and ODE seems to be numerically unstable with positions values
> becoming QNAN quite easily and all. Anyway, I haven't investigated the problem
> much, but maybe somebody happen to have the exact same problem...
Hi,

I am using codewarrior on macosx. I tried the DEBUG_LCP and I seem to get
dDebug (0,"L*D*L' check, maximum difference = %.6e\n",diff); error line 301
in lcp.cpp even at the very first frame. What does the message mean?

If I build in normal non-DEBUG_LCP mode the car behaves like expected, just
very occasionally it just gets nan values and you have to restart the game.

Joe Ante