[ODE] AMotor questions

parisy@labri.fr parisy at labri.fr
Sat Jun 21 08:12:02 2003

As suggested by joints documentation, I would like to use an
AMotor to constrains a ball&socket joint. Some questions about
this :

* At first, I would just like to impose stop limits on axes,
  but not a desired velocity (I only want the joint to
  rotate freely between specified limits in reaction to
  collisions). Does specifying a maximum force of 0 do the
  trick ? Are AMotor appropriate for this use, basically ?

* What convention is used for the Euler angles version ?
  If I refer to the wolfram article
  (http://mathworld.wolfram.com/EulerAngles.html), is it
  the "x-convention" version, or one of its variations ?

* When using the arbitrary angles version (a very
  interesting tool BTW), in which order are the elementary
  rotations around axis (implicitly) computed ?

Thanks!
Olivier.