[ODE] How to make a rolling sphere stop?

DjArcas djarcas at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 19 12:36:01 2003

Another way is through a rolling friction, applied yourself.

It IS in the FAQ, you know... *mutters*

Q How do I stop things from rolling off into infinity, or pendulums from
swinging forever?

A ODE models a universe with frictionless hinges and no rolling friction, so
problems like those are fairly common. The solution is to apply a force to
simulate RollingFrictionOrAerodynamicDrag.

http://q12.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?RollingFrictionOrAerodynamicDrag