[ODE] UNSORTED TriList collision (no trees!)

Ed Resnick edresnick at game-developer.com
Thu Jun 19 00:26:02 2003

I don't quite understand the way ODE works, but how's this idea: After calling dCollide to find the contact points between a shape and the plane of the triangle, for each contact I check its position against the planes of the edges of each triangle. If it's outside any one of them, I don't create the contact joint for that contact. Is that right? When dCollide is called and writes the contact array, that array is the only location of the contacts; they're not internally stored, right?

Free E-mail provided by the GDSE:
http://www.gdse.com/

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com, No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag