[ODE] UNSORTED TriList collision (no trees!)

Ed Resnick edresnick at game-developer.com
Wed Jun 18 20:13:01 2003

>> You seem to be thinking RAPID or OPCODE were written by God, and that
>> no mortal can do better. Don't be naive;
>
>They were suggested because they met someone else's requirements (mine
>too, in the case of OPCODE).  If they don't work for you, that's becuase
>you have different requirements.  Your differing requirements do not
>constitute reason to go off hurling insults at people, especially at
>people who are trying to help.

I didn't mean to, I just took offense at his statement that he doubted my implementation was better than OPCODE's. It's different, as you said, and better for my purposes.

Responding to your other reply (about using a plane for each triangle), how did you compensate for the fact that triangles are bounded? If I just use a plane for each triangle and create the contact points, I'd end up with a number of points floating in mid-air, along with a number of real ones.

Free E-mail provided by the GDSE:
http://www.gdse.com/

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com, No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag