[ODE] UNSORTED TriList collision (no trees!)

Ed Resnick edresnick at game-developer.com
Wed Jun 18 02:04:02 2003

Hi, I just found out about ODE today. I want to first use it for collision, but the geometry in my world is already sorted by me and it's fast and very memory-efficient. Therefore any collision library that creates trees for sorting geometry is bad. ODE makes this optional since geom spaces are optional, but things like RAPID and OPCODE do not.

Theoretically I suppose I could edit the RAPID/OPCODE code to ignore these but I'm not adept at poring over other's source code.

So my question is, has anyone written code to generate the contact points for blah-triangle collision, without any extra bloat? blah = sphere, cclinder, aabb, etc.

Free E-mail provided by the GDSE:
http://www.gdse.com/

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you@yourchoice.com, No Ads, 6MB, IMAP, POP, SMTP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag