[ODE] Stacking Cubes

Frederic Ferland fref at videotron.ca
Mon Jun 16 18:15:02 2003

At 08:00 PM 6/16/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>Disable the bodies, that way they don't jitter until you attack them.
>They will automatically be enabled again when they need to be.

I haven't played around with disabling bodies yet, but there's something
I'd like to ask to better understand this before I begin writing tests.

In my current program, I have a bunch of boxes that fall on the ground (a
plane geom).  I can almost always see some faint movement on the
cubes.  How do I disable them so that they don't jitter anymore?  From my
understanding, if I disable them while they are inter-penetrating with the
plane, for example, they will automatically be re-enabled to resolve the
penetration.  So, do I need to keep trying to disable them for, say, half a
second until the objects no longer inter-penetrate and the disabling
actually works?  Is there a better way to do this?

Also, what's the best way to determine whether a body is no longer moving
and can thus be disabled?

Thanks!