[ODE] tri collider in delphi

Nate W coding at natew.com
Sun Jun 8 23:23:02 2003

On Sun, 8 Jun 2003, Christophe Hosten wrote:

> As far as I know, we cant use the tri collider with delphi, because
> OPCODE uses classes and Delphi cant import classes from dll.
>
> I'd be happy to hear a solution to this problem...

I don't think that's the case.  The tri-collider extension just adds a few
additional C-style functions to the ODE API.  One of them requires a
struct* in the argument list, but the struct is just three floats, with no
member functions or anything C++ish.

Have a look at dTriList.h from the tri-collide contrib, and you'll see
what I mean.  Juice doesn't use the callbacks, so that leaves just two
functions to worry about: dCreateTriList and dGeomTriListBuild.

If you need a copy of ODE with the triangle collider built in:
http://www.natew.com/tmp/ode.dll

This is with dSINGLE defined, and with the dStepFast solver.

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA