[ODE] Moving body getting stuck along a wall...

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Fri Jun 6 11:59:01 2003

Brian Bell wrote:
> Still though, there are plenty of times where the ball will get stuck on a
> wall when it seems like there's no reason for it to.  Am I doing something
> horrendously wrong?  The simulation seems to work fine otherwise.  Is there
> any way to guarantee that there will ALWAYS be a bounce?

Are you setting the contact points' friction to a very low value?
(Indeed, since ODE doesn't simulate rolling friction, using
a mu of zero is probably appropriate, letting just the bounces
take energy out of a body.)

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
"Responsible parents don't raise kids in West Virginia."