[ODE] python bindings?

Matthias Baas baas at ira.uka.de
Mon Jun 2 12:42:02 2003

At 12:43 01.06.2003 +0100, you wrote:
> > >(Incidentally - a very minor observation: on my linux box pyrex
> > >apparently can't cope with the dos style line ends in ode.pyx.)
> >
> > If I remember correctly they wanted to fix this in Python 2.3, so that
> > any implementation will be able to deal with DOS and Unix style
> > newlines.
> > But what's the general way to solve this problem for previous
> > versions? Should I also provide a *.tar.gz which contains Unix style
> > files?
>
>I suppose; or just document the problem? It's trivial to fix once you
>know what the issue is.

I like your suggestion, it was so much easier to do. :o)
If I don't forget, I'll provide a Unix style *.tar.gz with the next release.

>Thanks for this by the way... I've been away for a while but now that
>I'm back I plan to give your python bindings a proper work out.

I've just added the second tutorial to the web site (see other mail). The
collision tutorial is still missing, but I hope the first two tutorials are
already enough to get you started (and apart from that, the original ODE
manual is still a must read to use pyODE properly).
If you encounter any problems then just give me a shout. Also contact me if
you've managed to do a nice demo which you might be willing to share. I'd
be more than happy to put some user examples on the web site.

- Matthias -