direction-vector (Re: [ODE] omnidirectional drive (wheels))

Bjoern Mahn bjoern.mahn at ais.fraunhofer.de
Fri Jul 18 08:05:02 2003

Hi,

> One idea: do it with friction, set the two friction directions along and
> against the rollers, set it to zero in one direction and realistic (or
> just infinite) in the other.

yes, this sounds very well. I will try it out...

BTW: do you know a fast way to get the direction-vector from my wheel? (I
need this for the friction-direction-vector FDir1) I mean, if I create the
wheel with its axis parallel to the x-axis in the world, and my car moves
around then. One way would be to get the rotation around z and calculate the
dir-vector of the wheel (where it is rolling to). But is there maybe a faster
way?

Thanks!
--
Björn Mahn