[ODE] ODE in its own thread

Patrik Stellmann patrik at volleynet.de
Fri Jul 18 05:18:01 2003

> If I understood correctly you are simply simulating
>one thread run over several threads. Well.. why ?

Erm, not really, but by description was indeed pretty poor...
Nevertheless, the reason why only one thread at a time is running is
that only one at a time should have access to the world to avoid
conflicts. The ode-thread gives always to that trhead access having the
same simulated-real-time as the world has and does time steps as necessary.
The reason for having several threads is that the code for the
controllers should be the same as it would be on a real robot where this
synchronization with the 'world' wouldn't take place in that way since
there is no simulated time.

hope it was a little more clear or at least I no more look like a fool
;-) - but hey, it's my code :-)

Patrik