[ODE] iterative solver bugs

Martin C. Martin martin at metahuman.org
Wed Jul 16 12:46:02 2003

Hi,

During the last phase of active development on the iterative solver, there
were a few bugs.  Does anyone know if these are still there?

david@csworkbench.com david at csworkbench.com
Sun Mar 30 08:44:02 2003

> I had a quick play with test_crash, and I see a problem where the buggy
> is slowly moving right from the outset with Dave's solver, whilst it
> stops completely with the original (as it should).  I can toggle between
> those behaviours.  This is before any input has been applied.

Yeah, I think that's pretty much the same problem.  The easiest way to
make the bug apparent is to turn the mu down pretty low and press 'a',
where the car is spinning it's wheels a lot.  It'll head off at almost a
45 degree angle.  It only spins when you brake hard (get it going fast
with 'a', then press space).  I think the problem has something to do with
the fact that I'm accumulating forces between each joint evaluation, but
I'm not updating the velocity.  Maybe that's keeping ERP from doing it's
job.  I'll let you know when I get that in.

david@csworkbench.com david at csworkbench.com
Sun Mar 30 08:37:02 2003

Yeah, I've got to get the Island creation code back in there to get the
same results as before with body disabling.  Hopefully I'll get a chance
to put that in there after church.

David