[ODE] cant get started!

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Wed Jul 16 07:57:02 2003

Katie Bentley wrote:
> hi,  can somebody please help me, i've just installed ode 0.03

0.03 is really, really old.  You probably want to upgrade,
for starters.

 > and i've
> got all the headers included my main file so far looks like this:
>
> void main()
> {
>      dWorldID dWorldCreate();
>      dWorldSetGravity (dWorldID, 0.0, 0.0, -9.81);
> }
>
> its fine with the first line on its own which I cant understand anyway,
> but it doesn't like the dWorldID being used as is in the second line.  I
> cant seem to findout what the ID is!

You probably mean something like (off the top of my head):
 > void main()
 > {
 >      dWorldID wid = dWorldCreate();
 >      dWorldSetGravity (wid, 0.0, 0.0, -9.81);
 > }

There are undoubtedly great online guides to C programming
that'll help you get started with C.

The ode/test directory of the ODE distribution contains some
fair C examples of how to basically use ODE.

Regards,
--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3