[ODE] Moving joints that are attached to the static environment

Frederic Ferland fref at videotron.ca
Tue Jul 8 10:26:01 2003

Hopefully there is a simple solution to the problem I'm facing...  I have
modeled a bridge with several individual planks attached by ball
joints.  Each pair of plank is attached together with two joints, except
for the two planks at each end of the bridge, which are attached to the
static environment.  This creates a flat bridge like this (as seen from the
side):

   x---------o---------o---------o---------o---------o---------x

What I would like to do is be able to move the leftmost joint (the one
attached to the static environment) to the right so that the bridge bends
like this:
(ugly ASCII art :) )

x                                                                   x
          o                                                o

I haven't tried, but I'm pretty sure that if I simply call the
dJointSetBallAnchor( ) function with the new position, I won't get the
desired result.  How can I achieve the desired result then?

Thanks for any idea!