[ODE] ODE: Center of gravity problem & fast step

Troy Chard troy.chard at shaw.ca
Tue Jul 8 02:41:02 2003

Hi there,

I've recently started using ODE as a part of a project I'm working on using
Crystal Space for the graphics portion.  So far results are really really
good.  Also I'm noticing an ODE fan base developing amongst the CS crowd :)

But I had a couple of questions I was wondering about.
I noticed in the docs for ODE that there's a bug involving the center of
gravity being fixed at 0,0,0
with respect to the position of the body.
Is there any chance this is something that may be resolved in the near
future? or is it a limitation
of the engine and so may be around for some time?

Also I was wondering:
One of the guys in the #crystal space chat room mentioned that there's a
new function on the way
called fastStep which is supposed to be a faster approach for advancing the
simulation.
I thought I'd enquire to see if there was a 'fastStep' in the works?

Troy