[ODE] Compiling under solaris 2.7

druhan druhan at waffle.cs.dal.ca
Mon Jul 7 12:00:02 2003

Hi everybody, I've been building a rigid-body autonomous agent system using
genetic programming for control for the last 9 months or so and I'm finally in
the process of migrating my (working!) windows code to solaris 2.7. I'm having
major problems compiling....I think I have the ODE library 'maked' properly,
but I can't seem to compile a simple test program (i am using test_ode.cpp as
it outputs text rather than graphics). Has anyone done this and can give some
instructions to help me out? I'm a relative newbie to unix so please don't be
afraid to spell it out for me :)

in any case here's what i did...gunziped the ode-0.03.tgz. The /lib directory
is apparently created automatically (had problems with this on Windows in the
past). Changed the user_settings file to 'unix-gcc'. It builds successfully
outputing .o files in the ode/src dir until it gets to test_ode.cpp where it
bombs due to some redeclaration of a function ( testInfinity() i believe). I
do see libdrawstuff.a and libode.a in the /library dir so apparently the
libraries are built.

I think this has everything to do with properly settings paths as the first
error when trying to compile the test file is

ode.h: No such file or directory.

Can someone tell me how to set the paths? I tried

set path = PATH ~/ode
set path = PATH ~/ode/include

etc...but with no luck. The program doesn't even compile when i dump it in
/ode/include/ode with all the other .h files including ode.h which it is
looking for!

Thanks so much
Kevin Druhan
MSc Dalhousie University