[ODE] OPCODE vs. double

Erwin de Vries erwin at vo.com
Sun Jul 6 12:17:01 2003

  No, I understand all that and I'm not using D3D.

   The issue is the logical contradition between ODE and OPCODE.  ODE
seems to require double to be highly stable (or D3D's forcing single
precision wouldn't be an issue).  OPCODE requires single or it doesn't
work.

   Thus, *neither* precision choice seems workable right now from what
I'm seeing on this list.  Am I missing something?

@@ If you need double precision you shouldnt be using the trimesh class
right now. It will be fixed in the near future to support double precision,
or you can fix it yourself right now. The discussion about d3d shouldnt get
mixed up with this. Its an entirely different issue.

Erwin