[ODE] Configurator ( was Re: Finally back! )

Royce Mitchell III Royce Mitchell III <royce3 at ev1.net>
Thu Jul 3 22:16:02 2003

Hello Russ,

Here's the command line to build configurator with VC command-line:

cl -DdSINGLE configurator.c

Here's the command line I passed it:

configurator.exe include/ode/config.h cl del c:\ode\

One of the changes was so that my command line didn't need to be this:

configurator.exe include/ode/config.h "cl " del c:\ode\

(basically I was getting an error that the system didn't recognize the
command "clctest.exe")

The strstr check is in there because cl.exe (vc6 compiler) can't
handle this:

cl ctest.exe ctest.c

So, if I detected the compiler was CL, I don't stick the executable
name in the command-line, so I get this instead:

cl ctest.c

Here's the example output from configurator as-is in cvs:

C:\ode>cl -DdSINGLE configurator.c
Microsoft (R) 32-bit C/C++ Optimizing Compiler Version 12.00.8168 for 80x86
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-1998. All rights reserved.

configurator.c
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 6.00.8168
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

/out:configurator.exe
configurator.obj

C:\ode>configurator include/ode/config.h cl del c:/ode/

*** configurator starting, you may see some harmless error messages ***

clctest.exe ctest.c
'clctest.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
[...]
clctest.exe ctest.cpp
'clctest.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
clctest.exe ctest.cpp
'clctest.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

*** configurator failed: i can't find a way to use alloca().

please fix your configuration and try again.
if you have to fix the configurator program or the makefiles, please email
your changes to the ODE mailing list (ode@q12.org).

--
May you always find water and shade,
 Royce3