[ODE] Cross compiling ODE for Pocket PC

GMANE rdmisc at dahlsys.com
Wed Jul 2 18:40:02 2003

Hi all,

I'm thinking about writing a game for Pocket PC that would involve some
simple physics. To use ODE for the physics, I would have to compile ODE with
the free embedded Visual Studio cross compiler. Taking a quick look at the
compilation process for ODE, it looks like it is assumed that ODE will be
compiled on the same platform that it will run on, as an executable is first
created and then the executable itself controls compilation of the rest of
the library. Anyone know why it is done this way and how much work it would
be to change it?

The other hurdle would be that floating point is emulated on most (if not
all?) Pocket PC PDAs. The physics that I plan on doing are so simple that
that might be ok. If it's not, I would have to create support for integer
math in ODE. How much work would that be?

Thanks for any input.

Roger Dahl