[ODE] Re: Breakable Joints contribution

Roel van Dijk roelvandijk at home.nl
Tue Jul 1 17:16:01 2003

On Tuesday 01 July 2003 03:38, Russ Smith wrote:
> > Could someone with CVS access please add this to the /ode/contrib/ tree.
> > Thanks
>
> done.
>
> thanks!
Thank you

Could you do it again please :-)
I have just finished an update for the breakable joints. Now you can set the
forces per body and they are relative to the bodies. And I've implemented a
callback function that is called if a joint breaks. I'm not really fond of
callback functions but I didn't see another way of informing a user that a
joint has broken. The files are at the same location:
http://www.canthonis.nl/admin/BreakableJoints.zip

I guess the next step is joints that can bend. But I think that is going to be
a bit more difficult. because bending a joint means rotating it's axis. And
that could introduce errors in the simulation. But I can at least give it a
try.

Roel