[ODE] TriMesh support and OPCODE added to ODE core

Russ Smith russ at q12.org
Tue Jul 1 00:19:02 2003

i have added erwin's latest TriMesh and QuadTree space support to the
ODE core (thanks to erwin for all his hard work). i have also added
OPCODE (needed by TriMesh) to the ODE distribution, as erwin and i have
made a number of changes to it so that it plays nice with ODE.

this is a big checkin, so there may be some problems, especially with
ODE/opcode building on various configurations. hopefully we can get any
problems resolved over the next week or so.

i have added optional TriMesh/OPCODE support to the ODE build system. if
the OPCODE_DIRECTORY variable in config/user-settings is defined, the
TriMesh source files and tests will be compiled in, otherwise TriMesh
support will be disabled (you will get link-time errors if you try to
use it). see the comment in user-settings for more information. i have
not provided any VC++ support for the new configuration - someone else
will have to do that.

erwin - i have made a number of (mostly minor) changes to the source
files you sent me. can you verify that everything builds and runs for
you from a freshly checked out copy of ODE?

i have done some work to port OPCODE to unix - i added a unix Makefile
to the OPCODE source. there were many windows specific things in the
source, but i've bracketed most of them with "#ifdef WIN32" so it should
now compile cleanly. i'm not able to test it yet though - i would
appreciate it if someone could try using TriMesh under linux and tell me
how it goes.

pierre - in OPCODE i notice that "SetIceError" is defined to be "false",
which makes no sense to me and prevents OPCODE from compiling. what is
SetIceError() for?

also, there is no documentation for any of this yet. erwin? hint hint?

russ.

--
Russell Smith
http://www.q12.org