[ODE] Stack overflow

Chris Brodie Chris.Brodie at macquarie.com
Thu Jan 30 15:09:02 2003

I hope your right. MSVC7 for example has some rather obtuse looking stack configuration settings. Besides, all you need is some unexpected event to happen in your game like a segmented wall falling on a small army and you'll likely blow the stack, no matter what static size you pick it might never be enough.

There has to be a more scalable \ stable way to do this. Sadly I'm only starting to look at ODE so can't comment on the viability. I can say that I can't imagine any shipping product that just excepts when the going gets tough, I can accept  bogging down but not exceptions.