[ODE] File formats, was Re: .NET wrapper

David Walker david.walker530 at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 27 22:02:01 2003

I too had been thinking about a file format to store this kind of
information. The way I was leaning was towards using the .NET serialization
features. That way ode objects could be included in a bigger structure
that could all be serialized in one go. I've used the .NET XML serialization
before and found it to be ok but I don't know how well it would suit. Also I
seem to remember it being fairly slow, I think because it uses reflection,
which is slow. It's just an idea at the moment but I was going to look at
adding it to my wrapper at some point.

David