[ODE] File formats, was Re: .NET wrapper

Nate W coding at natew.com
Mon Jan 27 18:03:02 2003

On Mon, 27 Jan 2003, Anselm Hook wrote:

> One other wishlist item is your XML grammer.  I wanna be able to have my
> race-cars run around underneath the feet of your wallking juice critters
> and knock them over!

Have you seen this? http://www.natew.com/juice/frames.cgi/help/html.FileFormat
If you have questions not answered by that page, I'll be glad to answer
them here.

But this all brings up a related issue, which is a common file format for
dynamics stuff.  The question came up on the list a while ago, but was
there ever a consensus about what the standard should be?

I actually like the Novodex format more than my own XML stuff.  If memory
serves, Adam M of Novodex offered source code for loading the .ods format,
too (and better than my code, which is awfully slow).  I keep thinking
I'll get Juice to load and save the .ods format some time soon, but things
keeps getting in the way.  It was so much easier to work on this stuff
back before I had a day job.  :-)

--

Nate Waddoups
Redmond WA USA