[ODE] access violation with dContactBounce?

Michael Powers popomatix at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 7 03:43:02 2003

in my nearCallback, if i use the contact settings
inside the boxstack example i get an access violation
- but if i use some code i took from the buggy demo it
doesn't - i tried 4 and 6 contacts

here is the one that makes the violation:
    contact[i].surface.mode = dContactBounce |
dContactSoftCFM;
    contact[i].surface.mu = dInfinity;
    contact[i].surface.mu2 = 0;
    contact[i].surface.bounce = 0.1;
    contact[i].surface.bounce_vel = 0.1;
    contact[i].surface.soft_cfm = 0.01;

here is the one that does not:
    contact[i].surface.mode = dContactApprox1_1 |
dContactApprox1_2;
    contact[i].surface.mu = 250;
    contact[i].surface.mu2 = 0;
    contact[i].surface.bounce = 0.3;
    contact[i].surface.bounce_vel = 0.05;

according to my trace the violation is happening
inside dMessage inside of dSolveLCP

i am using the latest CVS

thanks for any insight - i have boxes mostly working
inside my application - i just figures that using
Bounce would be faster than the contactapprox (is it?)

michael