[ODE] Error during tri-collider compilation

David McClurg dmcclurg at pandemicstudios.com.au
Sun Jan 5 16:14:01 2003

if you are using the old collision API then you'll find it defined thus:

geom.h:extern GLOBAL_SHAREDLIB_SPEC int dGeomGroupClass;

if you are using the latest ODE in CVS with latest collision API then notice that in collision_std.cpp you'll find:

enum {
  dGeomGroupClass = dSimpleSpaceClass
};

Geom groups are now simple spaces and you'll need a similar define if you want to use the old class name.

but if you are using the latest collision API you'll probably have other issues to fix up in the tri-collider as well.

perhaps you just need to define ODE_OLD_COLLISION before including ode.h in the tri-collider.  this must be done when you build ode as well the tri-collider and your app i think.

this was probably more confusing then helpful but good luck anyway.

BTW-- does anyone have a fairly un-molested copy of ODE in CVS with a working tri-collider that they could distribute for the interim?