[ODE] Constraint theorizing

Antonio_Martini@scee.net Antonio_Martini at scee.net
Tue Feb 25 06:20:02 2003

it's in fact a relaxation method. However as the speed of the convergence
depends heavily on the number of
constraints involved, the number of required iterations should be much
lower than using particles
in order to model rigid bodies. If we want rigid bodies extra iterations
and constraints needed in order to model rigidity are
causing just troubles.
 Further the collison response works automatically, instead it's not quite
clear
where to apply forces in a particles based model. Still talking about LCP
it's probably also similar to the "propagation
model"  described in the Baraff( "analitical methods for dynamcs...",
section 8) the difference(and advantage) is that here we have
implicit time stepping and error correction.

cheers,
Antonio

"Mattias Fagerlund" <mattias@cambrianlabs.com>@q12.org on 25/02/2003
12:31:35