[ODE] Heightfield position.

Chris Brodie Chris.Brodie at macquarie.com
Mon Feb 24 15:54:01 2003

My method is is based on a 'top left corner'. Thsi method was just grown out of programming convenience. All heightfield offsets then of course are easy to just 'add' to the top left corner in a right and down direction(when thinking of a heightfield in 2D.

For the AABB I keep the highest and lowest heightfield values and after all tiles are generated I get the bottom right point. I feed these 2 3D points in to the CAABB class, it has a simple .GetCentre() type member that returns the centre of the box, which I use for the geom.

I only mentioning all this to demonstrate how other methods can evolve. That said, I can easily adapt my code to a new method.

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain copyright material of Macquarie Bank or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient of this email you should not read, print, re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail or any attachments, and should destroy all copies of them. Macquarie Bank does not guarantee the integrity of any emails or any attached files. The views or opinions expressed are the author's own and may not reflect the views or opinions of Macquarie Bank.