[ODE] Ray collisions

Nate Koenig nkoenig at usc.edu
Fri Feb 21 15:52:02 2003

Hello,

I'm creating a laser range finder for a robot simulator, and I have
found peculiar behavior with rays and joints. The rays seem to penetrate
a body if the body has joints attached to it. I have a car(from the
test_buggy example), and at random locations the ray will not report a
collision with the chassis. Instead it will collide with a wheel located
on the other side of the car. The car and ray occupy the same space, and
I have my time step set to 0.01. If I removed the joints that attach the
wheels to the chassis, the ray behaves fine.

Does anyone have ideas on what might be the problem?

Thanks a lot,

-nate koenig