[ODE] Steering, and feedback?

Thomas Harte thomasharte at lycos.co.uk
Fri Feb 21 06:11:01 2003

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0183761045833014_ID

>The interesting thing here is that this is the way it works in real
>life, and if one could also read the "stress" the Amotor has to go
>through to keep the wheels at the same place or turn them, you'd have a
>perfect setup for force feedback joysticks and wheels. Is this possible?
>How? I need the "feedback" for other things as well, like engine load.

Grab the latest version, 0.035 and check out the functions:

void dJointSetFeedback (dJointID, dJointFeedback *);
dJointFeedback *dJointGetFeedback (dJointID);

Which will allow you to get torque and force (presumably linear?) applied to both
bodies as the result of any given joint.

-Thomas

When words aren't enough - Vodafone live! A new world of colour, sounds, picture messages and information on your mobile. <a href="http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;4909903;7724245;q?http://www.vodafone.co.uk/live">
Click here</a> to find out more.

--=_NextPart_Lycos_0183761045833014_ID--