[ODE] Re: Heightfield / Collision.

Clint Brewer clint at haptek.com
Tue Feb 18 13:11:01 2003

>>Excuse me for being so blunt, but I'm starting to wonder what the aim
>>is here. I thought ODE was a physics simulation library aiming for
>>realtime performance, stability and reasonable accuracy. But now it
>>looks like it's being molded into a gaming engine.

and either way, talking about colliding with heightmapped terrain, or
BSP trees  in no way takes away from those aims.

I do personally hope that ode remains targeted at it's purpose (which is
exactly what you state, or at least it seems to me).  I think that makes
the libraries easier to use for all, even people making games :)

I think we all share a desire to simulate things acurately, with
stability in real-time, and luckily ODE is here to help.
-c