[ODE] Dynamic mesh collision

Pierre Terdiman p.terdiman at wanadoo.fr
Tue Feb 18 11:58:02 2003

> Yo, I suddenly thought of something. I have an idea about implementing
> "real" tyres in my offroad simulator, as a cloth-like mesh with inside
> pressure. This mesh would then have to collide with the ground. But I
> remember reading somewhere that OPCODE don't work with
> deformable/dynamic meshes, is that right? And the tricollider use OPCODE,
> right?
>
> Hm. Problem, then.

If the tyre is a mesh and the ground is a mesh, you have more serious
problem than the deformable nature of the tyre (Opcode 1.3 (unreleased)
supports dynamic meshes, for example). Here you would need mesh-vs-mesh
collision, which is difficult enough just for the static case....

I'd forget it.

- Pierre
www.codercorner.com