[ODE] General collision detection question

skjold@cistron.nl skjold at cistron.nl
Tue Feb 18 03:33:01 2003

Hi all,

Actually I have two slightly related questions: Why would I use Opcode for CD, instead of ODE - other than the fact that the tri-collider was written for Opcode (for that matter, why was tri-collider written for Opcode instead of ODE)? In short: What makes some of you prefer Opcode over ODE when it comes to collision detection?

And the other question is, is there a tri-collider that can be used just with ODE? Actually, I'm currently just interested in using it for terrain (heightfields), but at some point general tri-mesh CD would be nice too. But I'd prefer to stick with ODE's CD unless I'm convinced that Opcode is just sooooo much better :P

Thanks in advance,
Mark