[ODE] problem reading archives

Anselm Hook anselm at hook.org
Thu Feb 13 12:12:01 2003

Arg.  I've just wasted half an hour of time I simply do not have playing
with apache trying to make it do this right.  There is some kind of
internal server configuration error with apache.  I continually run into
things like this when dueling apache and I'm afraid of wasting a lot more
time on it so I'm open to suggestions on how to fix this if anybody has
played with pipermail and apache folder permissions before.

The current config explicitly aliases pipermail to its real location and
it makes both the pipermail/public and pipermail/private/ode.mbox folder
visible to the web - with symbolic links enabled... but it still fails.
No log msgs are generated.

Just mail me - don't bother spamming the list - we'll just fix it offline.

 - a