[ODE] Framerate problem *again*

Marco Bancale F104 at softhome.net
Wed Feb 12 05:25:02 2003

Hi (what's your name?)!!!

Thank you for your useful reply! You made me find a couple of bugs :)
I didn't delete contact joints after every dWorldStep()! :)
This was a bug, sure, but nothing has changed anyway. :(

The big bug is still there though.
By the way I would like to ask you:

- You say ODE could take more than one frame to bounce off. Ok. But
  I have to create contact joints in the NearCallback every frame the
  bouncing goes on? Or only the first one?
- If I have to create joints EVERYTIME a collision is detected during
  a bouncing, what happens if I change bouncing parameters between?
- Is actually ONE the call to NearCallback that affect the bouncing or
  all the group of calls are important?

> Of course, a collision can take multiple frames to bounce off, but I > don't know why you first get a frame with collision, then one without, > and then again with. The only reason I can think of is if this > recurring collision is due to the gravity (or simulation error).

Nope, I set gravity to zero. :)

> I have tried that too, doing multiple dWorldSteps between
> dSpaceCollide, but somehow I found it only added inaccuracies.

Yes I think too. Only inaccurancy is added and I don't think it could
cause my bug.

I'm trying to log all the info again and figure out what happens
exactly in my NearCallback that's a bit complex now.

Thank you for your help!

        Bye Bye
        Marco