[ODE] The wheel that bends

Anders Olofsson anders.olofsson at biologigrand.ac
Tue Feb 11 09:14:02 2003

I've been reading through the mails that covers this, but haven't found
some workaround/solution. Anything I've missed?.. The idea to lock both
axis of the hinge2 to the orientation of chassibody seemed like a good idea
but I haven't got it to work.. I've been fiddling with the hinge2 params
but with no luck.. Probably because my bodys is traveling at high speed.
I'm not looking for a physically correct solution, I just dont want them to
bend..

I was thinking of using a slider joint instead and with no friction for the
wheel bodys in the traveling direction. And then add some sideforces
manually to get some traction and steering. But can the slider joint act
like a spring/damper?.

Cheers!.