[ODE] Rolling ball bouncing problem

Olivier Michel Olivier.Michel at cyberbotics.com
Mon Feb 10 06:58:02 2003

I tryed setting the dContactApprox1 (for pyramidal friction) in the
appropriate contact joints but this didn't change anything to the
behavior of my ball...

This seems to be a very simple problem, but it fails... Anyone succeeded
with bouncing a rolling sphere against a box ?

I blew up my computer mouse to extract the ball and played a little bit
with it, bumping it into the wall of my office. I could see that my
rolling mouse ball, bounced almost exactly like if it was not rolling
(i.e., sliding on ice). However, in my ODE simulation, this is not yet
the case... It seems that the angular velocity is not changed after the
collision, whereas I belive it should be drastically changed. Still
trying desesperately to tune the parameters (mu, ball mass, etc.) and
check my code and to fix my mouse...

-Olivier