[ODE] Geomgroups vs composite

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 10 06:46:02 2003

skjold@cistron.nl wrote:
> In short: I expected indeed for collisions and dynamics to be strictly separate things, but if that is so then there would be no way to know for ODE which geoms belonged to a single composite (right?)

I expected geoms to know about their bodies (they are moved
in lockstep for convenience, for one reason), but didn't really
expect bodies to know about their geoms too.  However, a body keeps
a pointer to its first (just its first -- why?) attached geom.  I
wish it was clearer to me why.

--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3
busting makes me feel good