[ODE] Geomgroups vs composite

Adam D. Moss aspirin at ntlworld.com
Mon Feb 10 05:51:02 2003

Anders Olofsson wrote:
> I have not tried 0.035 yet, the test_boxstack crashed for me when filling
> up the scene with composite objects (holding down the 'x' key will do the
> trick). In 0.03 that test works fine, is this a known problem?.

Boxes now generate more contact points, so it's several times
more likely that you'll blow your stack.  A big pile of touching
objects always has this danger.  (Memory usage complexity for the
solver is what, O(n^2) w.r.t. DOFs restrained?)

I was briefly horrified by 0.035 because I judge ODE's speed
and stability by the speed and stability of the boxstack demo.
But I was wrong. :)

--Adam
--
Adam D. Moss   . ,,^^   adam@gimp.org   http://www.foxbox.org/   co:3